Het forum staat i.v.m. technische redenen nu standaard ingesteld op 'Engels'. Mocht je het forum liever weer in het Nederlands willen gebruiken, scroll dan helemaal naar beneden tot je niet meer verder kunt. Daar vind je aan de linkerkant de knop 'Language', waar je de Nederlandse taal weer kunt instellen.

Excuses voor het ongemak en bedankt voor je begrip!

Sign in to follow this  
Anna

Hoe komt men aan de auteurs voor de boeken?

Ik vroeg me nu al een tijdje af hoe men toch aan auteurs komen voor alle novels?Welke eisen stellen ze aan schrijvers?En wie zegt het dat het die betreffende schrijver wordt?en wie leest het na en beslist of het in productie komt of niet?

Al jaren vraag ik het me af hoe het nou precies in zijn werk gaat.Ik geniet met volle teugen van bijna ieder boek wat in mijn handen komt en verbaas me vaak of de details en hoe bijna veel boeken op elkaar passen.Wat een gespit om alles zoveel mogelijk kloppend te krijgen op een ander auteur zijn werk of dat de Aliens kloppen ect.

Wie weet heeft antwoord? ik brand van nieuwsgierigheid!

22 uur geleden zei Anna:

Ik vroeg me nu al een tijdje af hoe men toch aan auteurs komen voor alle novels?

Ik heb diverse Star Wars auteurs gesproken en een aantal heb ik deze vraag gesteld.

https://starwarsinterviews.com/category/various/authors/

Korte antwoord: ze worden gevraagd.

Lange antwoord: zie hieronder....

Kathy Tyers:  Back in the 1990s, the Star Wars novels were being written by invitation (they might still be; I don’t know). It was an honor and a privilege to be asked. I also was asked to write for the Adventure Journal, but sadly, they stopped publishing. And my personal life got pretty complicated in the late 1990s, so I focused on other projects. In 2001, once again I received an invitation to write a Star Wars novel—from Shelly Shapiro at Del Rey Books, this time (shout out to Shelly!). Once again I was delighted and deeply honored.

Dave Wolverton: I was approached just after Timothy Zahn finished the first book in the trilogy.  My publisher, Bantam, had a license to do 12 books with Lucasfilm and was looking for authors who were Star Wars fan, good writers, and easy to work with. So my editor called me and asked “So what do you think about Star Wars.” I began to give her a literary analysis of the story, and she said, “No, no, no—I mean, would you like to write a Star Wars book?”  Well, I was actually deep into another novel, and so I said, “I’d be interested, but I really don’t want to think about it until I get this book in, in about four weeks.” As soon as I finished the book, I sent it to my editor and she called pretty breathlessly and said, “NOW can you do one?” I was actually much more excited than I sounded, so I began working on it quickly.

Steve Perry: Tom Dupree at Bantam had given me a movie tie-in, The Mask, to write.
The money wasn’t great and there was a short deadline, so when I turned it in, he figured he owed me one. He offered Shadows of the Empire, if Lucasfilm thought I had the chops. Meanwhile, Mike Richardson, at Dark Horse, had me doing the first couple of Aliens novelizations based on their continuing graphic novels, and he bragged on me to Lucasfilm. That sold them – Dark Horse was doing the Star Wars comics – so that’s how I wound up with the job.

Kevin J. Anderson: I had already established myself as an original novelist with six or so of my own novels published; they were well received and, most important, I worked well with the editors, did what I said I was going to do, and I turned in my books on time, vital characteristics for a Star Wars writer. My editor at Bantam suggested my name to Lucasfilm and sent them some samples of my novels, and next thing I know I got a phone call from out of the blue offering me a project to write three sequels to Star Wars; the Jedi Academy trilogy. At that point, I think Tim Zahn’s first novel had just been released, but there wasn’t an actual Star Wars publishing program yet.

Jason Fry: I got to know my friend Dan Wallace through the old America Online Star Wars discussion boards in the mid-1990s. Dan and I both loved Star Wars geography, and he’d landed a gig writing The Essential Guide to Planets and Moons for Del Rey. I had a database of Star Wars planets that I’d created, and wanted to send it to him but hesitated because I was worried he’d think I was trying to step on his turf. When I finally did send it Dan was basically done with the book, and he was like, “Man, this would have been really helpful – why didn’t you send it before?” So lesson learned. Dan very kindly suggested that we team up to work on some articles for the old Star Wars Adventure Journal from West End Games, and I got vetted by Lucasfilm as part of that. I was so excited – and then the Adventure Journal folded. And I thought, “Oh no, there goes my big chance!” (We wound up working together with our friend Craig Carey from WEG to write articles for the short-lived magazine Star Wars Gamer.) Happily, I got another shot – the Star Wars Insider was looking for a books columnist, and took a chance on me. If I recall correctly my first column was about Vector Prime, which I read under a strict vow of silence before interviewing Bob Salvatore. That was my first Star Wars publishing credit, back in 1999. From there I put my hand up for any Star Wars job I could get. I wrote RPG material for Wizards, relying on what I could remember of first-edition Advanced Dungeons & Dragons, and spent years as the Insider’s book columnist. All of that was fun, but I got my big break when DK hired me to write the Clone Wars Visual Guide (which came out in 2008) and Del Rey gave in and let me and Dan try to turn our crazy idea about mapping the Star Wars galaxy into an actual book.

Edited by Dennis